CFOs 'play key role in firm's success'
Manama, April 18, 2013
Chief financial officers (CFOs) have become trusted business advisers and play a critical role in the success and strategy formation and execution for any company, said experts at a major seminar in Bahrain.
Themed 'The Next Generation CFO', the seminar was held yesterday (April 17) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and organised by the Bahrain Chapter of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (BCICAI) in association with Boston Analytics (BA), a global strategy and business analytics firm, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
BA chief executive Inder Thukral and the company's managing director and CFO Devesh Bahl were the main speakers at the seminar.
The experts said the key priorities of CFOs today are delivering business insights based on analytics, information management strategy, strategic revenue and cost planning pricing and distribution and risk management.
"CFOs are expected to become more competent in the future as they have great insight into the entire business," said Thukral. "They will become partners and advisers of the executive board.”
CFOs have a vantage position overseeing the whole company, Bahl said. "They are now the integrators of information at the enterprise level."
He added that CFOs have moved from being traditional number crunchers into efficient organisational drivers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain