Dubai inflation rises 0.6pc y/y in March
Dubai, April 15, 2013
Dubai inflation edged up to 0.6 per cent year-on-year in March as the housing and utility costs, , rose 0.2 per cent after dropping 1.2 per cent in February, said a report.
The housing and utility costs account for almost 44 per cent of consumer expenses, the report from Dubai Statistics Center stated.
The clothing and footwear prices fell 3.1 per cent in March, but food and non-alcoholic beverage prices rose 1.1 per cent, the report added.
Analysts polled by Reuters in January forecast average inflation in the UAE would accelerate to 1.8 per cent in 2013 from 0.7 per cent in 2012, which was the lowest level since 1990.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity