BAB appoints NBK chief as chairman
Manama, April 15, 2013
The Bahrain Association of Banks (BAB) elected a new board during its recent annual general meeting with Abdul Razak Al Qassim, CEO of National Bank of Bahrain (NBK) as its chairman.
The deputy chairman is Dr Farid Al Mulla, CEO of Oasis Capital Bank and Khalil Nooruddin, an independent director, is treasurer and head of the Audit Committee.
The CEO of BAB, Robert Ainey, was appointed secretary to the Board.
Al Qassim summarised the goals of the association over the next two years:
• Obtaining the financial resources to empower the Association to fulfill its objectives and mandates of the Board
• Providing more vigorous advocacy of the members’ interests with the regulator, the Central Bank of Bahrain, and other third-parties
• Promoting the interests of the financial sector by performing thorough, professional research and publication of position papers
“The Bahrain Association of Banks has come a long way from the previous activities of the Bankers’ Society, and the actions and activities we plan over the next two years will take it to the next level,” said Al Qassim. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head