Fahad Al Gergawi
Dubai FDI to highlight investment scene
Dubai, April 10, 2013
Dubai FDI, a part of Department of Economic Development (DED), will highlight Dubai's experience in attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) at the upcoming Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) in Dubai.
Dubai FDI will put the spotlight on the emirate’s investment environment that is considered among the best in the Middle East during the event set to take place from April 30 to May 1.
Fahad Al Gergawi, chief executive officer of Dubai FDI, stressed on Dubai’s leadership as one of the most attractive destinations for foreign investment in the world.
Al Gergawi noted the Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index issued by A T Kearney put Dubai as the 11th most preferred destination for foreign investors internationally in 2012, while it occupies the first spot in the Middle East.
Al Gergawi said that Dubai is a major bridge for large world markets, hosting some of the biggest international companies that use it as a base for growth. Furthermore, Dubai enjoys easy access to Mena and the Indian subcontinent where 2.2 billion people live, he added.
He also emphasized that the effective strategy implemented by Dubai through strong and active presence in regional and international events was one of the major factors behind its success.
In addition, Al Gergawi highlighted that the significant increase in the number of investors heading to the emirate reflects greater trust and confidence.
The Dubai Investment Report of 2012 stressed on the features of Dubai such as the favorable economic environment, geographic location, advanced infrastructure, easy access to neighboring markets, in addition to the fact that the emirate is a remarkable hub for trade, logistics, finance and services.
Al Gergawi said that the UAE in general and Dubai in particular, is one of the most desired investment destinations specially for investors willing to expand in the Mena and South Asia (MENASA) regions, which host 25 per cent of the world’s population. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE's first REIT set to announce IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX