KHCB in key project finance deal
Manama, April 10, 2013
Bahrain-based Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB) has signed an MoU with Ebrahim Abdulaal Group (EAG) to provide Sharia-compliant property finance for the purchase of properties at EAG's Marina Reef Real Estate Development project.
The agreement was signed by KHCB deputy general manager for commercial banking Fuad Taqi and EAG chairman Ebrahim Ali Abdulaal, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Both Bahrainis and expatriates wanting to buy property in the Marina Reef are being offered fully Sharia-compliant property finance including a competitive profit rate, finance of up to 80 per cent of the current property value with a maximum limit of BD400,000 ($1.05 million) and approval granted within five working days of application submission," said Taqi.
"Ebrahim Abdulaal Group is renowned for its commitment towards innovation and quality and it is a matter of pride for KHCB to work with them.
Moreover, we believe this will further energise the real estate sector in Bahrain," he added.
Marina Reef is a luxury, freehold development, located on the Reef Island, a man-made island built in the heart of Manama in proximity of the Bahrain City Centre as well as the Seef shopping area.
The gated community will have three low rise buildings of six storeys each with 165 apartment units ranging from 92 sqm to 272 sqm.
The project is underway with 70 per cent of the construction work completed, said Abdulaal.
"We are confident that KHCB's well-designed real estate financing schemes and convenient profit rates will greatly benefit our customers who want to purchase property at the Marina Reef Development," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit