Abu Dhabi March inflation flat at 1pc
Abu Dhabi, April 9, 2013
Abu Dhabi's annual inflation remained flat at 1 per cent in March, according to data released by Abu Dhabi Statistics Centre.
The housing and utility costs, which account for almost 38 per cent of consumer expenses, fell 0.6 per cent from a year earlier in March, while clothing and footwear prices rose 2.2 per cent.
Analysts polled by Reuters in January forecast average inflation in the UAE would accelerate to 1.8 per cent in 2013 from 0.7 per cent in 2012, which was the lowest level since 1990.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity