EFG Hermes sets Qinvest merger deadline
Cairo, April 9, 2013
EFG Hermes, the Middle East’s top investment bank, said a merger deal with Qatari investment company QInvest will lapse on May 3 unless it receives long-awaited approval from Egyptian regulators.
EFG said it had received regulatory approval from a number of countries for the deal, under which it would initially inject its core business into a joint venture 60 per cent controlled by QInvest.
“If EFG does not receive a ‘no objection’ from the (Egyptian Financial Supervisory) Authority in the coming days, it will be difficult to implement the joint venture agreement,” the Egyptian company said.
The joint venture would inject more than $300 million of direct investment into the Egyptian economy, EFG said.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head