Bank of Baroda opens branch at DIFC
Dubai, April 8, 2013
India-based Bank of Baroda recently opened its100th overseas office at Dubai International Financial Centre.
P Chidambaram, India's Minister of Finance, opened the office in the presence of S S Mundra, chairman and managing director and V H Thatte, general manager (international operations) of the bank.
DIFC is an offshore financial centre strategically located between East and West that provides a secure and efficient platform for business and financial institutions to reach out to the emerging markets of the region, a statement said.
With opening of the branch, the network of service outlets of the bank has gone up to 16 in the UAE and 21 in GCC countries.
The bank will enjoy distinct advantages with opening of DIFC office which is a category-1 offshore branch. The customers will also be immensely benefitted as they will have a blend of both onshore and offshore banking facilities and experience from the same bank, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook