Bank of Baroda opens branch at DIFC
Dubai, April 8, 2013
India-based Bank of Baroda recently opened its100th overseas office at Dubai International Financial Centre.
P Chidambaram, India's Minister of Finance, opened the office in the presence of S S Mundra, chairman and managing director and V H Thatte, general manager (international operations) of the bank.
DIFC is an offshore financial centre strategically located between East and West that provides a secure and efficient platform for business and financial institutions to reach out to the emerging markets of the region, a statement said.
With opening of the branch, the network of service outlets of the bank has gone up to 16 in the UAE and 21 in GCC countries.
The bank will enjoy distinct advantages with opening of DIFC office which is a category-1 offshore branch. The customers will also be immensely benefitted as they will have a blend of both onshore and offshore banking facilities and experience from the same bank, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head