Mashreq hosts expert to boost retail ops
Dubai, April 3, 2013
Mashreq, one of the UAE’s leading financial institutions, recently hosted service guru Ron Kaufman in a staff event as part of the bank’s efforts to achieve service excellence in its retail operations.
Ron Kaufman is a global educator and motivator for uplifting customer service and building service culture in organisations around the world. Mashreq was voted 2012’s Best Retail Bank in the region at the Banker Middle East Industry Awards.
AbdulAziz Al Ghurair, CEO of Mashreq and Farhad Irani, Mashreq’s head of Retail Banking Group, the bank’s senior management and over 1700 staff from across UAE, Qatar and Egypt attended the event.
Al Ghurair speech’s highlighted various topics, such as the current status of the UAE’s banking industry, outlook for the first three months of industry performance and its impacts on the economy. He emphasized that banks must focus on offering exceptional service to customers if they are to hold on to their customers.
Irani shared the positive financial performance of Mashreq’s Retail Banking Group, last year and the way forward in 2013, which will primarily focus on delivering innovation that makes banking even more convenient and smoother for the customers.
The bank will be launching several unique products and services in the UAE, he said.
“Mashreq is dedicated to deliver world class service to our customers – and for that we must continuously educate ourselves,” Irani said.
“The journey to unbelievable service never ends, and we must improve what we do and how we do it, each day. Our suite of products enjoys high levels of popularity and through our service we aim to delight our valued customers. We believe that together, our service and Mashreq’s innovative products are a big differentiator and the only way to win the customers’ hearts and minds.”
Kaufman is author of the New York Times, USA Today and Amazon.com bestseller, “Uplifting Service” and 14 other books on service, business and inspiration. He is also the founder of UP! Your Service, a company that enables organizations to build uplifting service cultures. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals