AIBTM 2013 aims to enhance attendee experience
Chicago, April 3, 2013
Reed Travel Exhibitions, organisers of The Americas Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM) has announced it is planning a considerably higher level of networking platforms to enhance the attendee experience.
“We asked attendees, suppliers and industry stakeholders to provide their reactions to their past AIBTM experience and current needs,” said Michael Lyons, Reed Travel Exhibitions, exhibition director, AIBTM. “Several common themes emerged from their input. They told us they wanted additional opportunities to meet, share ideas and solve problems with colleagues.”
As a result, AIBTM’s theme this year, “Defining the Future of Meetings… Together,” has had significant influence on the programme planning and scheduled events for the show, a statement from Reed said.
AIBTM kicks off with a world-class CEU-accredited education programme featuring topics on globalisation, technology, and business management. The opening luncheon keynote will feature J Walker Smith, principal of The Futures Company. The day concludes with a networking party at Navy Pier, featuring the “Best of Chicago” – a culinary and musical experience showcasing Chicago’s finest eateries and music.
PCMA will host “Party with a Purpose@ AIBTM.” Beginning at 9pm to midnight, at one of the hottest nightclubs in Chicago, The Underground, the party supports PCMA’s Education Foundation offering new scholarships through AIBTM and Choose Chicago.
Connection is key this year, as AIBTM has joined with i-Meet, a social network for meeting and event planners, the statement said. All AIBTM exhibitors, attendees and stakeholders will be encouraged to participate in this active online community to engage with their peers, suppliers, and colleagues to facilitate meaningful conversations before, during and after the show.
“We are eagerly anticipating this year’s AIBTM because there are so many opportunities for professional development and relationship building,” said Lyons. “If you’re not in Chicago to be a part of the dialogue, then you will be missing an outstanding business opportunity to propel your future growth and success.”
AIBTM 2013 will take place at McCormick Place in Chicago from June 11 to 13. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- BMI launches new personal loan promotion
- Experts shed light on key Fatca legislation
- Saudi inflation plunges to four-year low
- UAE investment appetite 'strengthens' says expert
- Dubai mulls rule change to woo domiciled funds
- UAE, Abu Dhabi roll over $20bn of Dubai's debt
- Saudi can achieve 4.4pc growth this year
- Emaar listing of retail unit 'within months'
- Dubai Investments nets $29m profits
- Compliance officers facing diverse pressures, says study
- Abu Dhabi finance dept inks deal with Ajman
- Kuwait registers 8pc credit growth
- Bahrain Sico funds net solid returns
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014