KPMG launches family business centre
Manama, April 2, 2013
Leading professional services advisory firm KPMG has announced the launch of a global centre of excellence for family business.
The initiative is in collaboration with Young Presidents' Organisation (YPO), a global network of young chief executives comprising 20,000 members in more than 100 countries.
The centre provides all YPO Global Family Business Network (GFBN) members with exclusive access to knowledge on family businesses, the professional services advisory firm said.
It will function through a dedicated team based in Paris and a combination of practitioners from KPMG member firms and independent experts such as senior adviser to KPMG on family business intelligence Christine Blondel.
"Family businesses are a pillar of economic growth in Bahrain, and are essential in ensuring the success of the Economic Vision 2030," said KPMG in Bahrain partner for risk consulting Jeyapriya Partiban.
"KPMG recognises the importance of family business and the launch of dedicated centre of excellence for them would ensure the valuable business insights and the knowledge of external experts is shared with family businesses in Bahrain."
The centre provides insights on seven key issues of family business: growth, governance, assurance, exit strategies, wealth preservation, philanthropy, succession and next generation.
"Our collaboration with KPMG helps us further our mission of strengthening families, businesses and legacies by connecting members to one another and to the best resources in the world," said GFBN director Vicki Novikoff Barnhart.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum