Al Sayed re-elected chairman of BIA
Manama, March 31, 2013
Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) has re-elected Takaful International chief executive Younis Jamal Al Sayed as the chairman at its annual meeting held at the Gulf Hotel.
"It is a great privilege to be elected as the chairman by the board members and my colleagues in the insurance sector," said Al Sayed.
"Undoubtedly, the growth of the association and its achievements to date in establishing a highly effective role in society, is a result of the efforts of the previous members who have contributed to building the association. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all.
"I will work in collaboration with all members to provide the best for the insurance industry and promote Bahrain as a capital of the banking and insurance sector within the region," he said.
Waleed Mahmoud is appointed vice-chairman, Stephen Wagstaff board secretary and Mohammed Radhi financial treasurer.
The five other board members are Fouad Abdulla Aziz, Robert Grey, Fadi Al Khatib, Steve Samson and Youssef Al Kareh.
BIA plays a main role in discussing and co-ordinating with insurance companies as well as the Central Bank of Bahrain, along with other associations and specialised institutions.
In addition, the BIA arranges different insurance activities such as organising workshops and seminars that aim to increase the awareness on the importance of insurance.
The association also contributes towards studies, plans and recommendations for the progress of the insurance industry in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Insurance Association |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013