Al Sayed re-elected chairman of BIA
Manama, March 31, 2013
Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) has re-elected Takaful International chief executive Younis Jamal Al Sayed as the chairman at its annual meeting held at the Gulf Hotel.
"It is a great privilege to be elected as the chairman by the board members and my colleagues in the insurance sector," said Al Sayed.
"Undoubtedly, the growth of the association and its achievements to date in establishing a highly effective role in society, is a result of the efforts of the previous members who have contributed to building the association. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all.
"I will work in collaboration with all members to provide the best for the insurance industry and promote Bahrain as a capital of the banking and insurance sector within the region," he said.
Waleed Mahmoud is appointed vice-chairman, Stephen Wagstaff board secretary and Mohammed Radhi financial treasurer.
The five other board members are Fouad Abdulla Aziz, Robert Grey, Fadi Al Khatib, Steve Samson and Youssef Al Kareh.
BIA plays a main role in discussing and co-ordinating with insurance companies as well as the Central Bank of Bahrain, along with other associations and specialised institutions.
In addition, the BIA arranges different insurance activities such as organising workshops and seminars that aim to increase the awareness on the importance of insurance.
The association also contributes towards studies, plans and recommendations for the progress of the insurance industry in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Insurance Association |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain