BIA insurance campaign 'a big success'
Manama, March 29, 2013
Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) has announced the successful conclusion of its "Insurance Awareness Week" campaign.
Promoted under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB), the campaign created general awareness about various insurance products and their role in enhancing people's lives, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A new media campaign to educate the public about insurance was launched during the awareness week.
Its centrepiece was an activation event held at the Bahrain City Centre from March 21 to 24, said the report.
As part of the campaign, BIA introduced "Amna", its new brand mascot, to give a human touch to insurance and promote it in a more personalised manner, it added.
"Our campaign was successful in raising awareness of various insurance products and their benefits," said BIA chairman Younis Al Sayed. "Thanks to huge support from the CBB, our valuable sponsors and the media, we are able to convey the key message to the public," he added.
BIA also hosted an industry gala dinner at the Gulf Hotel. The event recognised BIA's sponsors and offered a platform for firms to discuss subjects of mutual interest.
During the event, CBB Governor Rasheed Al Maraj launched the 'Insurance Day' commemorative stamp, which is expected to boost the awareness campaign.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Insurance Association |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals