BIA insurance campaign 'a big success'
Manama, March 29, 2013
Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) has announced the successful conclusion of its "Insurance Awareness Week" campaign.
Promoted under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB), the campaign created general awareness about various insurance products and their role in enhancing people's lives, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A new media campaign to educate the public about insurance was launched during the awareness week.
Its centrepiece was an activation event held at the Bahrain City Centre from March 21 to 24, said the report.
As part of the campaign, BIA introduced "Amna", its new brand mascot, to give a human touch to insurance and promote it in a more personalised manner, it added.
"Our campaign was successful in raising awareness of various insurance products and their benefits," said BIA chairman Younis Al Sayed. "Thanks to huge support from the CBB, our valuable sponsors and the media, we are able to convey the key message to the public," he added.
BIA also hosted an industry gala dinner at the Gulf Hotel. The event recognised BIA's sponsors and offered a platform for firms to discuss subjects of mutual interest.
During the event, CBB Governor Rasheed Al Maraj launched the 'Insurance Day' commemorative stamp, which is expected to boost the awareness campaign.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Insurance Association |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head