Morocco gears up for Gulf investment forum
Manama, March 29, 2013
The third Gulf-Moroccan Investment Forum will be held from May 6 to 8 at the Movenpick Hotel in Tangier, Morocco, said a report.
The theme of 'Gulf Invest' this year is 'Strategic partnership for building future economy', said a team from Morocco, which along with senior officials from the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) held a Press conference at the Bait Al Tijjar yesterday.
More than 400 Gulf and Moroccan businessmen are expected to participate in the event, to be held under the patronage of the Federation of GCC Chambers of Commerce as well as the Federation of Moroccan Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
"The idea is to discuss bilateral investment opportunities and study joint ventures between the Gulf and Moroccan sides with the participation of economic, business and investment organisations," Bahrain-Morocco Business Council chairman Saqer Shaheen told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
According to forum chairman Mohamed Ait Bouselham, the scope for partnerships is immense "in light of economic and business relations between both sides and also on the ground of agreements signed by both Gulf and Moroccan sides".
"The city of Tangier actually presents huge and promising business and investment opportunities as it has recently become an important economic hub in North Africa attracting big European and US companies," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit