BAB names NBB director as chairman
Manama, March 28, 2013
National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) chief executive and director Abdul Razak Al Qassim has been chosen the new chairman of the Bahrain Association of Banks (BAB).
The announcement of the new board was made at the association's annual general meeting at the Gulf Hotel, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
Besides Al Qassim, the other members of the new board are Al Baraka Banking Group deputy chairman Adnan Ahmed Yousif, Ahli United Bank Group chief executive and managing director Adel El Labban, Arab Banking Corporation deputy chief executive Dr Khaled Kawan, Standard Chartered Bank chief executive Hassan Jarrar and Oasis Capital Bank chief executive Dr Farid Al Mulla.
Khalil Nooruddin and Talal Alzain have been appointed as independent board members.
At the AGM, outgoing chairman Abdulkarim Bucheery, who is chief executive of BBK, highlighted BAB's activities over the past year which included 29 events endorsed by the association.
The highlight of the year was a well-attended Bahrain reception in Tokyo, Japan, during the IMF/World Bank meetings that was hosted by the finance minister, CBB governor and several directors and member representatives.
"Last year, BAB initiated a number of projects, including our new website, and we plan to continue to expand on these improvements through 2013 so that our members will recognise the value of their subscriptions and the sponsorship of our events," said Bucheery. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records