BAB names NBB director as chairman
Manama, March 28, 2013
National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) chief executive and director Abdul Razak Al Qassim has been chosen the new chairman of the Bahrain Association of Banks (BAB).
The announcement of the new board was made at the association's annual general meeting at the Gulf Hotel, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
Besides Al Qassim, the other members of the new board are Al Baraka Banking Group deputy chairman Adnan Ahmed Yousif, Ahli United Bank Group chief executive and managing director Adel El Labban, Arab Banking Corporation deputy chief executive Dr Khaled Kawan, Standard Chartered Bank chief executive Hassan Jarrar and Oasis Capital Bank chief executive Dr Farid Al Mulla.
Khalil Nooruddin and Talal Alzain have been appointed as independent board members.
At the AGM, outgoing chairman Abdulkarim Bucheery, who is chief executive of BBK, highlighted BAB's activities over the past year which included 29 events endorsed by the association.
The highlight of the year was a well-attended Bahrain reception in Tokyo, Japan, during the IMF/World Bank meetings that was hosted by the finance minister, CBB governor and several directors and member representatives.
"Last year, BAB initiated a number of projects, including our new website, and we plan to continue to expand on these improvements through 2013 so that our members will recognise the value of their subscriptions and the sponsorship of our events," said Bucheery. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs