Kingdom to distribute $146m cash dividends
Riyadh, March 27, 2013
Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), the investment company chaired by Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, is set to distribute cash dividends of SR550.3 million ($146.7 million) in quarterly installments for 2012.
Announcing this at the company's annual general meeting, Alwaleed said Kingdom Holding had entered 2013 with strength recording a net income of SR707 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2012, which was up 10.5 per cent compared to the year before.
Alwaleed said the company will continue its dividends distributions.
The meeting was attended by the KHC board comprising Talal Almaiman, executive director for Development and Domestic Investments and member of Investment Committee, Ahmed Halawani, executive director for Private Equity, International Investments and member of the Investment Committee, Sarmad Zok, executive director of Hotel Investments and member of the Investment Committee, Shadi Sanbar, KHC’s executive director, CFO and member of the Investment Committee.
The independent board members Dr Khaled Al-Saheem, Taher Agueel and Rasha Elhoshan also attended. Moreover, Saleh Al Sagri’s proxy was provided to Alwaleed, said a statement from KHC.
The shareholders later approved the company’s financial statements for 2012 and also the audit committee’s proposal to select external auditors for 2013, its stated.
KHC members including Mohamed Fahmy Soliman, the deputy CFO and Yasir Alsalman, the assistant executive manager, Finance Department. also attended the AGM meeting besides representatives from the Ministry of Commerce and the Capital Market Authority (CMA), the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook