Turkey cbank cuts overnight lending rate
Istanbul, March 26, 2013
Turkey's central bank cuts its overnight lending rate to 7.5 percent from 8.5 percent on Tuesday but kept its overnight borrowing rate and benchmark rate on hold.
The bank held its overnight borrowing rate at 4.50 percent and its one-week repo policy rate, which it cut by 25 basis points in December, unchanged at 5.50 percent.
All 14 economists in a Reuters poll expected the bank to keep the main repo rate on hold, with most also forecasting all three rates unchanged. One expected a 25 basis point cut in the borrowing rate - the lower end of the rate corridor - while three expected a 25 point cut in the lending rate. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity