Fitch revises Saudi outlook to 'positive'
Riyadh, March 21, 2013
Fitch rating agency has affirmed Saudi Arabia's AA-minus rating but said the country could see an upgrade in coming months because of progress in handling social stressors and strengthened budget buffers.
Fitch revised the country's outlook to positive from stable.
The country could get a one-notch upgrade if it makes more progress tackling unemployment and diversifying the economy or on measures to stem the rise in the breakeven oil price, Fitch said in a statement.
Saudi Arabia's attempts to reform its expatriate-heavy labour market have put more than 600,000 locals into jobs at private companies, a sharp increase over previous rates.
Moody's Investors Service rates the country Aa3 with a stable outlook. Standard & Poor's rates Saudi Arabia AA-minus with a stable outlook. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai non-oil trade soars to $362bn in 2013
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook