Key postings at Citi Bahrain
Manama, March 20, 2013
Citi Bahrain has appointed Sharad Gupta as the corporate banking head for Citi in Bahrain and Riad Azzi as senior legal counsel for Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar.
Gupta is a seasoned banker who has spent most of his career with Citi. This is his second stint in Bahrain having previously worked as a senior relationship manager in corporate banking at Standard Chartered Bank between 2004 and 2006. Most recently, he was a director at the corporate and investment bank for Citi in the UAE.
Azzi has moved to Bahrain from Citibank in Kuwait. Before joining Citi, he was a senior associate with DLA Piper Middle East and prior to that, Riad was a regional legal counsel with BNP Paribas Bahrain. In his new role, he will be the legal counsel for corporate banking in Bahrain in addition to Kuwait and Qatar.
"Bahrain remains an important GCC market which carries much potential for Citi. In 2010, we began expanding our teams in the kingdom to provide the highest standards of banking services to our clients in Bahrain and the region,” said Mazin Manna, chief executive officer for Citi in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn