Gulf Bank appoints new chairman
Kuwait, March 17, 2013
Gulf Bank, Kuwait's fourth-largest lender by market value, has appointed Omar Kutayba Alghanim as the new chairman of the bank.
Alghanim's appointment, for a two-year term, came after former chairman Mahmoud Al Nouri stepped down earlier this month on health grounds, the bank said.
The bank said in January it had more than doubled its net profit in the fourth quarter.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head