Saudi soars on petchem stocks
Riyadh, March 16, 2013
Saudi stocks closed higher on Saturday with all-share index rising 0.37 per cent to hit 7051.18 points boosted by gains from the petrochemicals stocks.
Al Rajhi Bank dropped 1.15 per cent. Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) was up 0.53 per cent.
The banking index dropped 0.28 per cent, while the petrochemicals index gains 0.44 percent.
US crude oil futures settled higher on Friday, driven by strong US industrial output data in the world's largest oil consumer and a weaker US dollar. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey