Saudi soars on petchem stocks
Riyadh, March 16, 2013
Saudi stocks closed higher on Saturday with all-share index rising 0.37 per cent to hit 7051.18 points boosted by gains from the petrochemicals stocks.
Al Rajhi Bank dropped 1.15 per cent. Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) was up 0.53 per cent.
The banking index dropped 0.28 per cent, while the petrochemicals index gains 0.44 percent.
US crude oil futures settled higher on Friday, driven by strong US industrial output data in the world's largest oil consumer and a weaker US dollar. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm