Crescent Global new venture in Bahrain
Manama, March 7, 2013
Crescent Global Group has announced the launch of a managing general agency (MGA) arrangement to oversee the development of a regional life platform.
Crescent Global Vie will be based in Bahrain and has great expansion ambitions, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
It is headed by Mounir Kallel, a seasoned insurance professional with more than 20 years' experience in the life insurance/family takaful business in the region.
"Life insurance is undoubtedly the fastest growing segment of the Mena insurance market and we are excited about the prospects of the new venture," said Kallel, who is Crescent Global Vie managing partner.
"With the backing of the group's pan-Arab infrastructure and distribution capabilities, I am confident Crescent Vie will quickly become a formidable player in the life and family takaful arena.
"Crescent Vie intends to offer professional advice for individuals and families as well as consultancy services to all life insurance/family takaful distributors such as financial institutions and insurance providers," he said.
An MGA is a specialised type of insurance agent/broker that, unlike traditional agents/brokers, is vested with underwriting authority from an insurer.
Accordingly, MGAs perform certain functions ordinarily handled only by insurers, such as binding coverage, underwriting and pricing, appointing retail agents within a particular area, and settling claims. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals