Saudi to allow foreign real estate finance firms
Riyadh, March 4, 2013
Saudi Arabia will allow foreign financing companies to operate in the kingdom to boost the real estate financing sector, Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Sama) Governor Fahad Al-Mubarak was quoted as saying by a report.
The permission for these firms will be in accordance with the provisions of the new land mortgage law, he was quoted as saying by a Saudi Gazette report.
The volume of land mortgage and financing market covered about 2 per cent of the kingdom’s real estate market, he said.
He also urged the existing companies in this sector to complete the procedures and secure the required licenses within nine months, the report said.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3