Saudi to allow foreign real estate finance firms
Riyadh, March 4, 2013
Saudi Arabia will allow foreign financing companies to operate in the kingdom to boost the real estate financing sector, Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Sama) Governor Fahad Al-Mubarak was quoted as saying by a report.
The permission for these firms will be in accordance with the provisions of the new land mortgage law, he was quoted as saying by a Saudi Gazette report.
The volume of land mortgage and financing market covered about 2 per cent of the kingdom’s real estate market, he said.
He also urged the existing companies in this sector to complete the procedures and secure the required licenses within nine months, the report said.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge