ABC Islamic profit up
Manama, February 27, 2013
ABC Islamic Bank posted a net profit of $8.3 million for the year 2012, compared to $8.1 million the previous year.
Total operating income amounted to $16 million, 6 per cent higher than last year of
$15.1 million. Operating expenses increased by $0.8 million to $6.9 million, resulting in cost to income ratio of 43.3 per cent, compared to 40.8 per cent in last year, mainly due to higher staff expenses related to compensation scheme.
Impairment provision of $0.5 million for regional exposure taken during the year was at the same level as of last year. Net profit for the fourth quarter was the same as of last year of $1.4 million, it said.
ABC Islamic Bank’s total assets stood at $1.067 billion, compared to $1.035 billion at 2011 year-end.
Naveed Khan, managing director of ABC Islamic Bank said: ”The financial results for 2012 are encouraging. Although net profit is marginally higher most of the growth this year has come from core earnings with a good mix of fee income and spreads. We remain optimistic about future opportunities arising from Islamic Banking finding great favour among markets emerging from the Arab Spring of 2011.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook