Top Turkish official eyes Bahrain investment
Manama, February 26, 2013
Bahrainis are being encouraged to invest in Turkey by a top Turkish official.
The governor of the Turkish city Bursa is visiting Bahrain as part of a delegation invited by Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa to celebrate the official launch of Manama being named 'Capital of Arab Tourism 2013.'
Bursa Governor Sahabettin Harput said that he wanted to explain Bursa's strong points in Bahrain, exposing Bahrainis to their culture and business, in order to gain tourism, investment and cultural exchanges.
"We want to share Bursa's beauty with our Bahraini brothers and sisters," said Harput.
"We have everything from greenery, to lakes and mountains. We produce more than 50 per cent of Turkey's fruit and vegetables," the top official was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The Governor said that he had brought a group of over 100 people along with him representing the various businesses and companies in Bursa, including agriculture, textiles and energy companies.
He pointed out that these businessmen were interested in investing in Bahrain. "We've been negotiating with the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry," stated Harput. "Talks still continuing, so we want to invest here too," he added.
There is a stand set up in Bahrain City Centre that will stay up for today which will show visitors different aspects of Bursa, including food and health stalls.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm