Mode Bahrain in mobile wallet service deal
Manama, February 24, 2013
Mode Bahrain has signed an international agreement with Mobibanc in Ivory Coast for the provision of mobile wallet services.
The service will be the first of its kind in Bahrain, Middle East and Africa, a statement said.
Under the system, if a customer wants to send money from one mobile wallet to another mobile wallet, he should send the amount value to the recipient’s phone number, and if he wants to send the amount from mobile wallet to bank account he should register the beneficiary information and the bank account number in Mode system. In addition the customer can purchase through mobile wallet without any interest, the statement said.
Ebrahim Janahi, CEO of Mode Bahrain, said: "The signing of this agreement is the best proof of unique services that Mode provided, which are commensurate with the most important requirements for the local and international banks and companies."
Chairman of MobiBanc, Favier Kuami, said: "We are pleased to sign this agreement, through which we will be able to provide our financial services in the easiest and fastest ways of modern technological solutions where the customer can complete his financial operations smoothly through the mobile." - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs