Mode Bahrain in mobile wallet service deal
Manama, February 24, 2013
Mode Bahrain has signed an international agreement with Mobibanc in Ivory Coast for the provision of mobile wallet services.
The service will be the first of its kind in Bahrain, Middle East and Africa, a statement said.
Under the system, if a customer wants to send money from one mobile wallet to another mobile wallet, he should send the amount value to the recipient’s phone number, and if he wants to send the amount from mobile wallet to bank account he should register the beneficiary information and the bank account number in Mode system. In addition the customer can purchase through mobile wallet without any interest, the statement said.
Ebrahim Janahi, CEO of Mode Bahrain, said: "The signing of this agreement is the best proof of unique services that Mode provided, which are commensurate with the most important requirements for the local and international banks and companies."
Chairman of MobiBanc, Favier Kuami, said: "We are pleased to sign this agreement, through which we will be able to provide our financial services in the easiest and fastest ways of modern technological solutions where the customer can complete his financial operations smoothly through the mobile." - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey