Mode Bahrain in mobile wallet service deal
Manama, February 24, 2013
Mode Bahrain has signed an international agreement with Mobibanc in Ivory Coast for the provision of mobile wallet services.
The service will be the first of its kind in Bahrain, Middle East and Africa, a statement said.
Under the system, if a customer wants to send money from one mobile wallet to another mobile wallet, he should send the amount value to the recipient’s phone number, and if he wants to send the amount from mobile wallet to bank account he should register the beneficiary information and the bank account number in Mode system. In addition the customer can purchase through mobile wallet without any interest, the statement said.
Ebrahim Janahi, CEO of Mode Bahrain, said: "The signing of this agreement is the best proof of unique services that Mode provided, which are commensurate with the most important requirements for the local and international banks and companies."
Chairman of MobiBanc, Favier Kuami, said: "We are pleased to sign this agreement, through which we will be able to provide our financial services in the easiest and fastest ways of modern technological solutions where the customer can complete his financial operations smoothly through the mobile." - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov