Oman firm hires SRB for Shari'a advice
Manama, February 17, 2013
Al Khonji Real Estate & Development (Aqar) of Oman has hired the services of Shariyah Review Bureau (SRB), a leading international Shari’a advisory firm, to advice and supervise its transactions as per Shari’a principles.
Mohamed Al Khonji, chairman and CEO of Aqar, said the company has decided to spread its wings in the real estate market while ensuring it is truly Shari’a compliant.
“As an stablishment with a strong footprint in the real estate market of Oman, we have made strong efforts to ensure our business complies with the glorious laws of Shari’a," he said.
The appoinment of Shariyah Review Bureau is another strategic endeavour to develop an enterprise-wide Shari’a compliant framework, which would cover compliance with Islamic laws across all function streams of Al Khonji Holding, he said.
Yasser Dahlawi, CEO at SRB said: “Shari’a is a priority for all Muslims and we are committed to deploying and certifying businesses and their transactions from a Shari’a perspective.”
He said he was excited by SRB's engagement with Al Khonji Real Estate & Development.
SRB is the corporate world’s leading Shari’a advisor with scholarly presence in seven countries from Middle East, North Africa and Asia. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units