Bahrain EDB highlights investment opportunities
Manama, February 17, 2013
Bahrain Transportation Minister and Economic Development Board (EDB) acting chief executive Kamal Ahmed met leading international journalists and briefed them about investment opportunities in Bahrain and the Gulf market.
The journalists, representing specialist publications from the UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, China, South Korea, Germany and the UK, also met key government officials and executives from a number of leading financial institutions.
They also held meetings with senior representatives from the Central Bank of Bahrain and Tamkeen.
The EDB hosted a number of the journalists for the World Islamic Banking Conference and the Middle East Insurance Forum, both key international industry events held in the kingdom, due to Bahrain's leading role in the global Islamic finance and insurance sectors.
The trips are part of an ongoing programme of journalist delegation visits arranged by the EDB in its effort to raise Bahrain's economic profile through continuously engaging with the regional and international media.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head