Bahrain EDB highlights investment opportunities
Manama, February 17, 2013
Bahrain Transportation Minister and Economic Development Board (EDB) acting chief executive Kamal Ahmed met leading international journalists and briefed them about investment opportunities in Bahrain and the Gulf market.
The journalists, representing specialist publications from the UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, China, South Korea, Germany and the UK, also met key government officials and executives from a number of leading financial institutions.
They also held meetings with senior representatives from the Central Bank of Bahrain and Tamkeen.
The EDB hosted a number of the journalists for the World Islamic Banking Conference and the Middle East Insurance Forum, both key international industry events held in the kingdom, due to Bahrain's leading role in the global Islamic finance and insurance sectors.
The trips are part of an ongoing programme of journalist delegation visits arranged by the EDB in its effort to raise Bahrain's economic profile through continuously engaging with the regional and international media.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Baraka Turk to issue $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges