StanChart receives top Euromoney award
Dubai, February 13, 2013
Standard Chartered has been named ‘Best International Islamic Bank’ in the Euromoney Islamic Finance Awards 2013, one of the highest accolades in the publication’s annual event that recognises excellence across the Islamic Finance industry globally.
Standard Chartered Saadiq, the bank’s global Islamic banking arm, was also awarded ‘Best Structured Products House’ and ‘Deal of the Year’ for arranging a $1.85 billion refinancing for Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) in the UAE.
Afaq Khan, CEO of Standard Chartered Saadiq, said: “We are pleased to have been recognised as a leading player in the Islamic finance industry. This success is shared with our partners and clients whom we have worked with over the past few years. We are also thankful to our Shariah Board for their thoughtful guidance and support.”
Since 2006, Standard Chartered Saadiq has picked up a total of 106 industry awards, many of these for milestone transactions across key markets in Asia and the Middle East.
“We are optimistic about the overall growth of the industry in 2013. Standard Chartered remains committed to the Islamic industry and we continue to offer the full range of retail banking, private banking and corporate banking products and services across geographies,” Khan said.
“With a growing need in this segment across the region and other markets globally, we continue to invest in our people and infrastructure to meet this demand, proactively delivering for our customers and clients.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale