KFH-Bahrain in loan deal with SIO
Manama, February 12, 2013
Kuwait Finance House-Bahrain (KFH-Bahrain) and the Social Insurance Organisation (SIO) have signed a MoU to provide government employees with Sharia-compliant personal financing.
The MoU was signed by SIO chief executive Zakariya Sultan Al Abbasi and KFH-Bahrain managing director and chief executive Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat at the bank's headquarters in the Bahrain World Trade Centre, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
Sultan said this would meet the needs of a large number of people by offering them a variety of financing facilities to suit their preferences.
Expressing his appreciation for the initiative, Alkhayyat said it was in-line with the bank's strategy which aimed at increasing client base by diversifying services and providing innovations.
"Employees will benefit from the signing of this MoU as they will receive lower rates on their Islamic finance from KFH-Bahrain whereas SIO will be acting as the guarantor," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity