Dr Zakaria Ahmed Hejris
Global Banking Corp names new CEO
Manama, February 5, 2013
Bahrain-based Global Banking Corporation (GBCORP) has announced the appointment of Dr Zakaria Ahmed Hejris as its new chief executive officer.
Prior to joining GBCORP, Dr Zakaria was associated with some of the leading institutions in Bahrain. He was the deputy chief executive of the Economic Development Board (EDB).
He was also at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, where he initially had started as a Senior Economist in the Planning and Economic Affairs Department, then became the head of Economic Planning in the Directorate of Evaluation and Economic Research, then the director of Economic Planning, and the Assistant Undersecretary for Economic Affairs.
“I am honoured to be part of GBCORP’s team. In its short history, GBCORP has already shown its strong potential to become a leading investment bank. I am delighted to have the opportunity to play a leading role within the Bank for the benefit of its shareholders, employees and our beloved Bahrain,” said Dr Zakaria.
Abdul Rahman Al Jasmi, GBCORP’s, vice chairman said: “I am confident that Dr. Zakaria vast experience and expertise will be invaluable as we move forward with a strong agenda. We seek to further our reach into new markets to consolidate and build on our strategic investment initiatives.”
Dr Zakaria holds a PhD in Economic Development from the University of Durham, UK. He also obtained a Master's Degree in Economic Development from the University of Strathclyde, UK in 1985. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals