Dr Zakaria Ahmed Hejris
Global Banking Corp names new CEO
Manama, February 5, 2013
Bahrain-based Global Banking Corporation (GBCORP) has announced the appointment of Dr Zakaria Ahmed Hejris as its new chief executive officer.
Prior to joining GBCORP, Dr Zakaria was associated with some of the leading institutions in Bahrain. He was the deputy chief executive of the Economic Development Board (EDB).
He was also at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, where he initially had started as a Senior Economist in the Planning and Economic Affairs Department, then became the head of Economic Planning in the Directorate of Evaluation and Economic Research, then the director of Economic Planning, and the Assistant Undersecretary for Economic Affairs.
“I am honoured to be part of GBCORP’s team. In its short history, GBCORP has already shown its strong potential to become a leading investment bank. I am delighted to have the opportunity to play a leading role within the Bank for the benefit of its shareholders, employees and our beloved Bahrain,” said Dr Zakaria.
Abdul Rahman Al Jasmi, GBCORP’s, vice chairman said: “I am confident that Dr. Zakaria vast experience and expertise will be invaluable as we move forward with a strong agenda. We seek to further our reach into new markets to consolidate and build on our strategic investment initiatives.”
Dr Zakaria holds a PhD in Economic Development from the University of Durham, UK. He also obtained a Master's Degree in Economic Development from the University of Strathclyde, UK in 1985. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity