Delta Partners fund makes first $100m closing
Dubai, February 4, 2013
Delta Partners Capital has announced the first closing of its Emerging Markets TMT Growth Fund II with aggregate capital commitments of $100 million.
First-close investors include the IFC (World Bank Group), NTT Docomo, and a number of leading family offices from Europe and the Middle East.
Delta Partners Group, as sponsor of the fund, and its affiliates are making a capital commitment of $20 million to the fund.
The fund is a 10-year Cayman-domiciled vehicle advised by a DFSA-regulated manager, and has a target size of $350 million and a hard cap of $500 million.
The fund will invest in growth capital and selected buyout opportunities in the telecoms, media and related technology sectors across Africa, Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and South-East Asia. It will adhere to strict environmental, social, and governance standards while providing investors with the opportunity to participate in one of the most exciting sectors in some of the world's fastest-growing economies.
Geoffrey D Fink, managing partner and head of investments, commented: "We are delighted to have met our first-close target and to have attracted a world-class group of institutional anchor investors to the fund. We believe that given our depth of expertise in TMT and extensive on-the-ground presence across emerging markets we are uniquely positioned to identify and execute on attractive opportunities in this dynamic sector, and to provide tangible added value to our portfolio companies." - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance