ME-IR Society hosts networking breakfast
Manama, January 31, 2013
The Middle East Investor Relations Society (ME-IR Society) today hosted an Investor Relations (IR) networking breakfast at the Emirates Towers in Dubai, the first of a series of breakfasts set to take place across the Middle East this year.
The ME-IR Society Breakfast Series is a new initiative designed to bring together IR professionals from a myriad of sectors across the Middle East on a monthly basis.
Each event will encourage discussion about the issues faced by IR professionals and to facilitate greater interconnectivity with an ultimate aim of improving best practice across the region. Each event will be hosted in collaboration with one of its country chapters, a statement from the society said.
Representatives from Shuaa Capital, Emaar Properties, Dubai Islamic Bank, Arabtec and Taqa were among the attendees.
Oliver Schutzmann, head of investor relations and corporate communications at Shuaa Capital, and co-host of the event, said: “Investor relations officers often find it difficult to obtain independent, robust advice to enhance their respective investor relations programmes. With the IRO Breakfast, the Middle East IR Society has created an invaluable networking platform where IROs can exchange viewpoints and knowledge.”
The next IR Breakfast event is due to take place in Oman in the end of February. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance
- BMI Bank-Al Salam boards back merger
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion