ME-IR Society hosts networking breakfast
Manama, January 31, 2013
The Middle East Investor Relations Society (ME-IR Society) today hosted an Investor Relations (IR) networking breakfast at the Emirates Towers in Dubai, the first of a series of breakfasts set to take place across the Middle East this year.
The ME-IR Society Breakfast Series is a new initiative designed to bring together IR professionals from a myriad of sectors across the Middle East on a monthly basis.
Each event will encourage discussion about the issues faced by IR professionals and to facilitate greater interconnectivity with an ultimate aim of improving best practice across the region. Each event will be hosted in collaboration with one of its country chapters, a statement from the society said.
Representatives from Shuaa Capital, Emaar Properties, Dubai Islamic Bank, Arabtec and Taqa were among the attendees.
Oliver Schutzmann, head of investor relations and corporate communications at Shuaa Capital, and co-host of the event, said: “Investor relations officers often find it difficult to obtain independent, robust advice to enhance their respective investor relations programmes. With the IRO Breakfast, the Middle East IR Society has created an invaluable networking platform where IROs can exchange viewpoints and knowledge.”
The next IR Breakfast event is due to take place in Oman in the end of February. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb