Alba sponsors key investors conference
Manama, January 30, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently sponsored an investors conference of Bahrain-based Arindon, a specialist investor relations practice.
The conference at the Ritz Carlton Bahrain examined the Market Outlook for 2013 as well as explored the future for Mena Capital Markets. It also shed the light at the boomerang effect of the real estate cycle; alternative investments and smart money; as well as Islamic finance.
A panel of industry experts spearheaded the discussions that focused on addressing the concerns of high-profile delegates comprising chief financial officers, investment bankers, asset & fund managers, head of investor relations, investment advisors and others.
Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said: “The investment outlook has been in flux due to the markets’ volatility across the globe.”
“This has made investors more cautious about allocating funds in their portfolio and hence the need to get a clear assessment of the market outlook remains of utmost importance. Platforms such as the 2013 Investors Conference provides such an opportunity for both Middle East and international investors.
“Alba remains confident that the event will clearly address these issues as well as help them in gauging the viability of the investment landscape,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook