Alba sponsors key investors conference
Manama, January 30, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently sponsored an investors conference of Bahrain-based Arindon, a specialist investor relations practice.
The conference at the Ritz Carlton Bahrain examined the Market Outlook for 2013 as well as explored the future for Mena Capital Markets. It also shed the light at the boomerang effect of the real estate cycle; alternative investments and smart money; as well as Islamic finance.
A panel of industry experts spearheaded the discussions that focused on addressing the concerns of high-profile delegates comprising chief financial officers, investment bankers, asset & fund managers, head of investor relations, investment advisors and others.
Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said: “The investment outlook has been in flux due to the markets’ volatility across the globe.”
“This has made investors more cautious about allocating funds in their portfolio and hence the need to get a clear assessment of the market outlook remains of utmost importance. Platforms such as the 2013 Investors Conference provides such an opportunity for both Middle East and international investors.
“Alba remains confident that the event will clearly address these issues as well as help them in gauging the viability of the investment landscape,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award