Alba sponsors key investors conference
Manama, January 30, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently sponsored an investors conference of Bahrain-based Arindon, a specialist investor relations practice.
The conference at the Ritz Carlton Bahrain examined the Market Outlook for 2013 as well as explored the future for Mena Capital Markets. It also shed the light at the boomerang effect of the real estate cycle; alternative investments and smart money; as well as Islamic finance.
A panel of industry experts spearheaded the discussions that focused on addressing the concerns of high-profile delegates comprising chief financial officers, investment bankers, asset & fund managers, head of investor relations, investment advisors and others.
Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said: “The investment outlook has been in flux due to the markets’ volatility across the globe.”
“This has made investors more cautious about allocating funds in their portfolio and hence the need to get a clear assessment of the market outlook remains of utmost importance. Platforms such as the 2013 Investors Conference provides such an opportunity for both Middle East and international investors.
“Alba remains confident that the event will clearly address these issues as well as help them in gauging the viability of the investment landscape,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity