Alpen opens 4th Indian office in Kolkata
Manama, January 29, 2013
Alpen Capital India has announced the opening of its fourth office in India, in the Eastern Indian city of Kolkata, as part of its expansion plans to tap the vast opportunities that are present in the Eastern Indian market.
The investment banking group launched its operations in India in 2009 with offices in New Delhi and Mumbai, and expanded to Bengaluru in 2012. It is registered with a Merchant Banking license with the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
The license enables Alpen Capital to provide an entire range of merchant banking services to its Indian clients that include issue management services, investment advisory services in the areas of debt, M & A, equity and debt syndication, a statement from the company said.
“India presents a lot of opportunities and we already successfully established our presence in some of the key cities. We have worked with some of the largest conglomerates and business families especially focusing on the India-GCC corridor. Kolkata gives us access to the Eastern Indian markets and we see a lot of business potential in the region,” said Rohit Walia, executive vice chairman & CEO, Alpen Capital Group.
“The opening of the Kolkata office has strengthened our presence in India. With our expertise in closing several complex transactions across the areas of M &A and equity in India over the past few years, we hope that we will work towards exceeding our clients’ expectations,” said Shiv Khazanchi, managing director and head of India operations, Alpen Capital India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school