Alpen opens 4th Indian office in Kolkata
Manama, January 29, 2013
Alpen Capital India has announced the opening of its fourth office in India, in the Eastern Indian city of Kolkata, as part of its expansion plans to tap the vast opportunities that are present in the Eastern Indian market.
The investment banking group launched its operations in India in 2009 with offices in New Delhi and Mumbai, and expanded to Bengaluru in 2012. It is registered with a Merchant Banking license with the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
The license enables Alpen Capital to provide an entire range of merchant banking services to its Indian clients that include issue management services, investment advisory services in the areas of debt, M & A, equity and debt syndication, a statement from the company said.
“India presents a lot of opportunities and we already successfully established our presence in some of the key cities. We have worked with some of the largest conglomerates and business families especially focusing on the India-GCC corridor. Kolkata gives us access to the Eastern Indian markets and we see a lot of business potential in the region,” said Rohit Walia, executive vice chairman & CEO, Alpen Capital Group.
“The opening of the Kolkata office has strengthened our presence in India. With our expertise in closing several complex transactions across the areas of M &A and equity in India over the past few years, we hope that we will work towards exceeding our clients’ expectations,” said Shiv Khazanchi, managing director and head of India operations, Alpen Capital India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance