Bahrain Bourse conducts key investment course
Manama, January 28, 2013
Bahrain Bourse yesterday held a course on "Ethical Decision Making In Investment" that was attended by 40 participants from listed companies.
The course, conducted by CFA Institute director of ethics and professional standards Michael McMillan and industry relations director Richard Fernand, examined several real life investment scenarios that challenge participants to consider various courses of action to resolve the ethical issues involved, reported the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
The course aims to increase awareness and commitment to ethical norms and values while taking investment decisions, and facilitates the development of skills, knowledge, and attitudes that will enable participants to resolve ethical situations or problems in an appropriate manner.
It also encourages participants to act ethically out of a positive sense that such behaviour is in their organisations' as well as their own best interest, the report added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Bourse |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity