Bahrain Financing opens new outlet
Manama, January 23, 2013
Bahrain Financing Company (BFC), the kingdom's oldest and largest money transfer and foreign exchange group, has opened its 31st outlet.
Known as the Asry branch, the outlet is located in the Hidd Industrial Area, next to Asry, said a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
To celebrate the opening of the branch, the BFC gave away 100 gold coins to first 100 customers who made an FX or remittance transaction and a free gift to all customers who made a transaction in the opening week.
"We understand how difficult it can be for many of the workforce operating and living in Hidd to get to more centralised areas such as Manama, where majority of exchange and remittance houses exist," said BFC general manager Errol Fonseca.
"By opening a branch within walking distance of Asry and many of the workers' living quarters, we can cater to these customers' requirements and provide them with the facilities and services needed to send money home to their loved ones on a regular basis," he added.
With the Khalifa Bin Salman Port - the main trans shipment hub for the Northern Gulf - also located in Hidd Industrial Area, this new branch will cater to the foreign exchange needs of ship passengers, ensuring that they are able to acquire both the local currency and the currency of other countries on the shipping and cruise ship routes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records