ADCB wins ISO quality certification
Abu Dhabi, January 21, 2013
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) has announced that its Group Business Services division has achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification as recognition of the quality management system standard of the bank.
ISO 9001 certification benchmarks the quality management system standard of institutions based on the highest international standards and focuses on customer satisfaction.
ADCB had one of the widest certification scopes for a bank in the region, given the large number of departments, functions and branches included in the evaluation.
The wide certification scope covers all ADCB operations impacting customer segments and transactions, information technology and security, facilities management, strategy and branch operations across the entire network of 49 branches in the UAE.
The assessment undertaken by LRQA was not just limited to GBS’s processes and effectiveness, but also looked into Health & Safety aspects, as well as Environmental and Risk.
Basem Obaid, chief executive officer, LRQA commented: “The team at ADCB demonstrated a continued commitment which brings to light the depth and maturity of its management team. The certification process included an extensive review and on site audit of business processes and departments against global best practices in quality based on the ISO 9001:2008 requirements.”
“This is an exceptional achievement which is a result of the combined efforts put forward by our 750 person strong team. Of course certification is just the start of a continuous quality management culture; our commitment to improvement and customer satisfaction will continue,” concluded Jerry Möllenkramer, Group chief operating officer, ADCB. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook