Bahrain pension fund assets soar to $7.64bn
Manama, January 18, 2013
The Bahrain Pension Fund Authority, which now deals with two funds after the Military Pension Fund was brought under the BDF chief, said its net assets reached BD2.99 billion ($7.64 billion) in 2011, while its fixed assets stood at BD42,633.
The authority is also responsible for the unemployment fund, said Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa.
The movable assets were worth BD247,105 and investment volume was BD2.7 billion, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Return on investment per annum was 2.2 per cent, the minister said in reply to a question by MP Abdulrahman Bumajeed on the authority’s capital, assets, investments and
annual revenues.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey