Bahrain pension fund assets soar to $7.64bn
Manama, January 18, 2013
The Bahrain Pension Fund Authority, which now deals with two funds after the Military Pension Fund was brought under the BDF chief, said its net assets reached BD2.99 billion ($7.64 billion) in 2011, while its fixed assets stood at BD42,633.
The authority is also responsible for the unemployment fund, said Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa.
The movable assets were worth BD247,105 and investment volume was BD2.7 billion, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Return on investment per annum was 2.2 per cent, the minister said in reply to a question by MP Abdulrahman Bumajeed on the authority’s capital, assets, investments and
annual revenues.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications