Barclays wins ‘restructuring deal’ award
Dubai, January 17, 2013
Barclays was awarded the ‘Restructuring Deal of The Year’ at The Brief Middle East Law Awards, which took place recently in Dubai.
The deal of the year was awarded for Barclays in-depth and sizeable involvement in the $23.8 billion restructuring of Dubai-based developer Nakheel, and also chairing the coordinating bank committee for Nakheel restructure.
John Vitalo, chief executive officer for Mena, Barclays, said: “We are delighted to be recognised by such a prestigious industry award as it demonstrates the depth of our regional and global capabilities across a broad array of financial solutions.
“This award underlines the strength of our franchise and demonstrates our commitment to providing our clients with comprehensive bespoke solutions.”
Earlier, Barclays was recognised by Islamic Finance News for the $2.22 billion restructuring deal for Nakheel and also bagged prestigious awards such as ‘Sovereign Deal of the Year Award’ for participating in the Government of Malaysia’s $1.25 billion global sukuk and the Syndicated Deal of the Year Award for the $1.4 billion project financing for the Jubail Refinery.
The Brief Middle East Law Awards 2012 recognizes the excellence and outstanding achievements of the region’s leading law firms and in-house legal teams as well as the top deals and dealmakers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals