Saxo Bank unveils new brokerage solution
Dubai, January 16, 2013
Multi-asset online trading and investment specialist, Saxo Bank, has announced the launch of Saxo Prime, its new FX prime brokerage solution, offering institutional clients direct market access (DMA) to major FX liquidity providers and venues worldwide.
Saxo Prime combines prime brokerage functionality from Saxo Bank with market-leading connectivity from MarketFactory, a provider of low-latency algorithmic trading software and hosted co-location services.
Saxo Prime expands Saxo Bank’s product offering for asset managers, retail brokers and proprietary trading firms by offering FX DMA, a statement from the bank said. Saxo Direct, the application programming interface (API) connectivity solution, provides access to Saxo Bank’s own high-quality cross-asset liquidity.
Saxo Prime’s DMA functionality is built on MarketFactory’s FX Aggregator, providing a single API for normalised connectivity to major market making banks and currency electronic communication networks (ECN).
Saxo Bank’s clients are not exposed to changes, updates or access agreement across various feeds and the API preserves the features of each venue, delivering continuous connectivity, the statement said.
Lucian Lauerman, head of API Business, Saxo Bank, said: “With Saxo Prime and DMA, we enable our institutional clients to easily and efficiently tap into the major liquidity venues. Saxo Prime gives our clients direct access to the liquidity pools that power the FX markets, from a range of ECNs or to pools of tier-one bank liquidity.”
“MarketFactory is a leading provider of low latency connectivity in the FX space, with an excellent technical solution as well as an impressive track record of delivery. The team’s experience and dedication will help us further expand our state-of-the-art offering to our clients, and offer them unparalleled access to liquidity. Saxo Prime combines direct connectivity with access agreements and credit intermediation where needed, meaning a wider range of clients can directly and easily access these venues.”
Saxo Prime is available from January 23 for Saxo Bank’s institutional clients worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq