Saxo Bank unveils new brokerage solution
Dubai, January 16, 2013
Multi-asset online trading and investment specialist, Saxo Bank, has announced the launch of Saxo Prime, its new FX prime brokerage solution, offering institutional clients direct market access (DMA) to major FX liquidity providers and venues worldwide.
Saxo Prime combines prime brokerage functionality from Saxo Bank with market-leading connectivity from MarketFactory, a provider of low-latency algorithmic trading software and hosted co-location services.
Saxo Prime expands Saxo Bank’s product offering for asset managers, retail brokers and proprietary trading firms by offering FX DMA, a statement from the bank said. Saxo Direct, the application programming interface (API) connectivity solution, provides access to Saxo Bank’s own high-quality cross-asset liquidity.
Saxo Prime’s DMA functionality is built on MarketFactory’s FX Aggregator, providing a single API for normalised connectivity to major market making banks and currency electronic communication networks (ECN).
Saxo Bank’s clients are not exposed to changes, updates or access agreement across various feeds and the API preserves the features of each venue, delivering continuous connectivity, the statement said.
Lucian Lauerman, head of API Business, Saxo Bank, said: “With Saxo Prime and DMA, we enable our institutional clients to easily and efficiently tap into the major liquidity venues. Saxo Prime gives our clients direct access to the liquidity pools that power the FX markets, from a range of ECNs or to pools of tier-one bank liquidity.”
“MarketFactory is a leading provider of low latency connectivity in the FX space, with an excellent technical solution as well as an impressive track record of delivery. The team’s experience and dedication will help us further expand our state-of-the-art offering to our clients, and offer them unparalleled access to liquidity. Saxo Prime combines direct connectivity with access agreements and credit intermediation where needed, meaning a wider range of clients can directly and easily access these venues.”
Saxo Prime is available from January 23 for Saxo Bank’s institutional clients worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award