Barclays enhances Platinum card benefits
Dubai, January 15, 2013
Barclays has announced further enhancements to its ‘Free for Life’ Platinum Barclaycard, allowing customers to take advantage of exclusive offers and benefits each time they use the card; with 0 per cent interest on balance transfers for 12 months.
This offer signifies the opportunity to save on interest charges and facilitates debt consolidation at zero interest for 12 months on transferred balance, a statement from Barclays said.
Barclaycard Platinum Card offers dining benefits at over 250 restaurants across the UAE, 0 per cent easy instalment plan for six months at selective exclusive electronic stores, jewellery and furniture outlets such as Sharaf DG, Jacky’s Electronis, Emax, Damas, Homes R Us, and Pan Emirates Furniture.
Furthermore, Barclaycard Platinum is now offering an attractive rewards programme, whereby customers receive 50,000 reward points after signing up for the free card and incurring a spend of Dh5,000 ($1361.47). Reward points can be redeemed for flight tickets or shopping vouchers.
Barclaycard Rewards Programme differentiates itself by allowing customers to choose the way they redeem points, making the process effortless and the reward fulfilling, the statement said. The unrivalled travel feature ‘Fly any airline, any destination, any time’ offers customers a more attractive and flexible travel programme.
Additionally, customers have the option to redeem points against mall vouchers as well (Burjuman, Dubai Festival City, Sahara Centre, Abu Dhabi Mall, and Sharjah Mega Mall.)
Venkatesh Srikantan, head of UAE retail & business banking, Barclays, said: “As part of our commitment to be one of the most customer centric and innovative banks in the region, we are happy to introduce the new features to the ‘Free for Life’ Barclaycard and the 0 per cent interest on balance transfer for our customers.”
“Through this campaign we aim to increase acquisition volumes and service new customers. It’s been our consistent endeavour to offer our current and potential customers great financial products along with superior customer service.”
“In the current unprecedented economic environment, clients are looking for financial efficiency and we take pride in knowing that through this initiative our customers will get the best value from the Barclaycard,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia