Saudi ends high on banking stocks
Riyadh, January 12, 2013
Saudi shares closed higher on Saturday, boosted by gains in banking stocks. The all-share gained 0.6 per cent to 7,166 points and the banking index added 1.3 per cent to 15,807 points.
The shares in heavyweight Al Rajhi Bank added 1.1 per cent. Banque Saudi Fransi added 0.3 per cent after it announced a 22 per cent rise in fourth-quarter earnings. The banking index closed 0.2 per cent lower at 6,146 points.
Earlier in the day too, shares started higher lifted by gains in the banking sector ahead of fourth-quarter earnings announcements expected this week.
The all-share added 0.3 per cent to 7,148 points and the banking index added 0.6 per cent to 15,705 points. Banque Saudi Fransi gained 1.3 per cent after it announced a 22.2 percent jump in its fourth-quarter net profit.
The petrochemical sector also rose, adding 0.2 per cent to 6,169 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity