Saudi rises on banking stocks
Riyadh, January 12, 2013
Saudi shares started higher on Saturday, lifted by gains in the banking sector ahead of fourth-quarter earnings announcements expected this week.
The all-share added 0.3 per cent to 7,148 points and the banking index added 0.6 per cent to 15,705 points.
Banque Saudi Fransi gained 1.3 per cent after it announced a 22.2 per cent jump in its fourth-quarter net profit.
The petrochemical sector also rose, adding 0.2 per cent to 6,169 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain