Saudi rises on banking stocks
Riyadh, January 12, 2013
Saudi shares started higher on Saturday, lifted by gains in the banking sector ahead of fourth-quarter earnings announcements expected this week.
The all-share added 0.3 per cent to 7,148 points and the banking index added 0.6 per cent to 15,705 points.
Banque Saudi Fransi gained 1.3 per cent after it announced a 22.2 per cent jump in its fourth-quarter net profit.
The petrochemical sector also rose, adding 0.2 per cent to 6,169 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale