ENBD Islamic unit plans $408m rights issue
Dubai, January 10, 2013
The Islamic unit of Emirates NBD, Dubai's largest listed bank, intends to begin a 1.5 billion dirham ($408 million) rights issue this month.
Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB) will increase its capital to 3.93 billion dirhams through the offering of 1.5 billion shares at 1 dirham each between Jan. 25 and Feb. 3, it said in a filing to the Dubai bourse on Wednesday.
No details were given on how EIB intends to use the proceeds of the share issue, which was first announced last month.
EIB formally merged with Dubai Bank last year. Dubai Bank, which was rescued by the Dubai government in May 2011, was absorbed into Emirates NBD at the behest of the authorities in October 2011. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services