Emirates Islamic plans $408m rights issue
Dubai, January 9, 2013
The Islamic unit of Emirates NBD, Dubai's largest listed bank, intends to begin a Dh1.5 billion ($408 million) rights issue this month.
Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB) will increase its capital to Dh3.93 billion through the offering of 1.5 billion shares at 1 dirham each between January 25 and February 3, it said in a filing to the Dubai bourse on Wednesday.
No details were given on how EIB intends to use the proceeds of the share issue, which was first announced last month.
EIB formally merged with Dubai Bank last year. Dubai Bank, which was rescued by the Dubai government in May 2011, was absorbed into Emirates NBD at the behest of the authorities in October 2011. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds