Dow Kuwait to sponsor Investment Forum
Kuwait City, January 7, 2013
Dow in Kuwait has announced its diamond sponsorship of the 2nd Kuwait Investment Forum ‘Investment in Energy’, which is set to be held on January 12 and 13.
Drawing on its experience of 18 years in Kuwait, Dow will be at the core of industry discussions, addressing the benefits and challenges of investing in Kuwait, a statement from the company said. As one of the largest foreign investors and private employers of Kuwaiti nationals, through its JVs, in the petrochemicals industry in Kuwait, Dow has continuously strived to support Kuwait's economic development and prosperity.
“This forum is an ideal platform for us to express our support for investment in Kuwait which has a tremendous amount of potential thanks to a healthy mix of abundant natural resources and a pool of human capital,” said Jamel Attal, managing director, Dow Kuwait.
“Dow is a company that provides solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges and this forum will offer the added benefit of allowing us greater insight into and understanding of Kuwait’s needs,” he added.
Dow and Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) of Kuwait have partnered on five industry-leading joint ventures: Equate Petrochemical Company, MEGlobal, The Kuwait Olefins Company (TKOC), The Kuwait Styrene Company (TKSC) and Equate Marketing Company.
The exclusive event will bring together Kuwait’s policy makers, business leaders, financiers and international economic figures and highlight the unique investment prospects created through the government’s drive for economic diversification. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO