BMB distributes $1.46m to investors
Manama, January 6, 2013
Bahrain Middle East Bank (BMB) said it has distributed $1.46 million to its investors across various investment holdings for the quarter ending December 31, 2012 despite challenging and unfavourable market conditions.
With this, the Bahraini bank has till date distributed $20.7 million to its private equity fund investors since a new management took BMB in 2009.
This is the thirteenth consecutive quarterly distribution from the bank despite challenging and unfavourable market conditions, it added.
Commenting on the distribution, CEO Akbar Habib said, "This extra-ordinary feat remains testament to the vigorous and relentless endeavours as undertaken by the present management to restructure the bank which was facing many challenges which included - amongst other - an obsolete and third-party dependent business model."
At present, the bank has been transformed to encompass multiple-line business platform that has achieved remarkable success as evident by its consistent and sustained net positive operating performance over the last three years.
"This has been duly recognized by Fitch who recently upgraded BMB's Outlook to Positive - which puts the Bank at its highest ever rating in its history. Therefore, we now look to the future with a great degree of confidence and optimism," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO