Petchem, banks boost Saudi stocks
Riyadh, January 5, 2013
Saudi shares ended higher on Saturday, lifted by gains in the petrochemical and banking sectors. The all-share added one per cent to hit 7,010 points and the petrochemical index added 0.7 per cent to 6,090 points.
Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) closed 0.8 per cent higher. The banking index also gained 0.7 per cent as heavyweight Al Rajhi Bank added one per cent.
Earlier in the day too, shares opened higher on gains from the petrochemical and banking sectors. The all-share added 0.5 per cent in early trading to hit 6,972 points, while the petrochemical index added 0.6 per cent to hit 6,087 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance