Petchem, banks boost Saudi stocks
Riyadh, January 5, 2013
Saudi shares ended higher on Saturday, lifted by gains in the petrochemical and banking sectors. The all-share added one per cent to hit 7,010 points and the petrochemical index added 0.7 per cent to 6,090 points.
Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) closed 0.8 per cent higher. The banking index also gained 0.7 per cent as heavyweight Al Rajhi Bank added one per cent.
Earlier in the day too, shares opened higher on gains from the petrochemical and banking sectors. The all-share added 0.5 per cent in early trading to hit 6,972 points, while the petrochemical index added 0.6 per cent to hit 6,087 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head