Bahrain economy poised for growth
Manama, January 5, 2013
The traders and businesswomen in Bahrain expect the economy to grow substantially this year, said a report by our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The programmes sponsored by Bahrain labour fund Tamkeen benefiting the small and medium enterprises have enabled the national economy to withstand challenges, the report stated.
The $10 billion GCC Marshall Plan will boost public spending and accelerate the growth of the national economy, said the report.
Meanwhile, brokers cast doubts on the ability of Bahrain Bourse and other GCC exchanges to improve their performance in light of continuous political upheavals in the region, Iranian belligerence and the euro zone crisis, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH says 20pc capital increase oversubscribed
- Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
- Saudi IPO subscriptions plunge 53pc in Q1
- UAB, Al Ansari partner for payment solution
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'