Bahrain economy poised for growth
Manama, January 5, 2013
The traders and businesswomen in Bahrain expect the economy to grow substantially this year, said a report by our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The programmes sponsored by Bahrain labour fund Tamkeen benefiting the small and medium enterprises have enabled the national economy to withstand challenges, the report stated.
The $10 billion GCC Marshall Plan will boost public spending and accelerate the growth of the national economy, said the report.
Meanwhile, brokers cast doubts on the ability of Bahrain Bourse and other GCC exchanges to improve their performance in light of continuous political upheavals in the region, Iranian belligerence and the euro zone crisis, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school